Sunday 7 August 2011

Sleepover, Dim Sun And Karaoke!

As it was my friends 17th Birthday on 5th August, we celebrated by having an amazing time at our local mall with Wagamamas for a late lunch and then playing in the arcade :D I love the grabbing machines and managed to win two adorable cupcake plushies which are now sitting on my bed with the other toys I had previously won - my bed is getting pretty full; soon there won't be any room for me! XD




When we got back to her house there was present opening (I'm really glad she enjoyed mine) and general goofing around. As she is going to Japan very soon we had a mini practise of useful words and a general listening session to bands and singers such as GACKT. I was also introduced to a youtube video called "Scary Mycroft Poppins" which is a parody featuring the cast of Sherlock. It made me laugh so hard :)

General TV wataching whilst eating pizza meant that I'd seen episodes of Miranda and QI whilst having a good joke with the girls. Some people had to go home as they couldn't sleep over but I'd see a few of them tomorrow. However, everyone got to experience the tardis shaped cake! Happy Birthday to you Jessica!

Getting to bed (in my new M&M pajamas) was hard, although my host was nice enough to provide me with an electric fan to keep my abnormally high body temperature down. By the time I had got comfy (and played a round of the Dating SIM "Date Warp") it was 3am! Considering that we had to be in London by 12 noon the next day I tried my best to count sheep.

Amazingly - I got up and was ready first the next day! I am a notorious night owl (severely NOT a morning person) and I have very low blood pressure when I get up. Being used to late nights and early mornings however must have given me the edge ;) Breakfast was fun - I accidently cut the flap to the orange juice open wrong so it was an experience pouring the liquid and also I had a mini box of cornflakes and toast :D Who says I eat too much?

We caught the train and got on our way. The journey was livened up by the hilarious guard announcer. As there was a sporting game on that day, the train was packed and he kept on reminding everyone to move up and sit down whilst including fun similies such as "I know it's like a tin of sardines in here but what did you expect?" Then when a man with a bicycle got on he exclamied "You! With the bicycle! We have six bikes on here and we are only supposed to have two, please get off. Didn't you hear or are you just ignoring me? Leave the train! Fine, don't listen but it's your fault if you get in trouble!" Very amusing stuff.

We met up with everyone in Chinatown for an awesome lunch of Dim Sun! I got some lovely presents from those who I wouldn't be seeing for a while (as it was my birthday soon aswell) including a massive homemade cookie, a mini Hello Kitty, some chocolate, jellybeans and a small bottle of Jacobs Creek. I will certainly have a taste on my Birthday!

The restaurant was very beautiful with loads of traditional deocrations and we were even seated on one of those tables with a rotating middle! Being the frugal person I am, I passed on Chinese Tea, however I did enjoy using the teapot to pour everyone elses XD The food was delicious - I especially enjoyed my egg tarts and custard rolls.





Karaoke time! We went to The Karaoke Box in Soho and got given a room with comfy sofas and two microphones. Left to our own devices we started choosing songs! Kicking off with Bad Romance and Fireflies, everyone was having a great time singing along and eating the massive cookie! When I nipped to the loo I could hear our group sing from down the corridor. We certainly were energetic! We even brought Hello Kitty along to enjoy the atmosphere! The songs we sung included Kiss You Off, I predict a riot, Valerie, River Deep Mountain High, Someone like you, Poison, Those Magic Changes, Keep Holding On, Cabaret, 9 to 5, Dancing In The Moonlight and Rock Your Body to name a few. For two hours it was a very reasonable price and we left thoroughly happy, if a bit blinded by the sudden sun after the darkened room. I remembered to warm up this time, so my throat wasn't as bad as some of the others, although it felt strangely quiet back on the street.





Here is where our party divided. Some left and went to the Maids Of England Maid Cafe event whilst Jess, Emma and I went back to Chinatown for some light shopping an to use the PuriKura photobooth - with hilarious results. I personally like the picture with the crazy hair and a mini Naruto saying his catchphrase on Jess' shoulder XD



It was such an awesome day finished off my playing card games like Cheat and Rummy on the train home with Jess' Kingdom Hearts Playing Cards Pack she got in Chinatown Market. I had also got some mochi which was a delicious snack on our way back to normality.

That's about all. It's my 18th Birthday in a week (scary!) and I should be recieving the pictures from the photoshoot soon. Thanks for reading and have an awesome day :D

No comments:

Post a Comment