Tuesday 29 November 2011

Bodyline Package Has Arrived!

Hello there (^_^)/
It's been a looooong time since my last post T_T Hopefully I can make up for it now :D

Today two packages arrived in the post. Postmark; Narita. I wonder what they could be....



Many Lolitas turn their noses up at Bodyline but I just love it! I've never had a bad product from them, they have become so much better in recent years and are continuing to be an awesome store and online shop with their design and modelling competitions, their special offers, jazzy, easy to navigate website (avaliable in English)  and their ever growing selection of products. For people like me who don't really have the funds to splash out on expensive brands (even second hand can be pretty pricey) then I am able to build up my Lolita wardrobe using them. Especially the shoes - great for sturdiness and price and every pair I've ordered has fitted perfectly and been very comfortable.

I wanted to take advantage of their November offer of only £1 shipping so ordered some items I have wanted from them for a while. For an upcoming Lolita meet to Winter Wonderland in London (an event featuring markets, a circus, fairground rides, ice skating etc) I wanted a JSK which I could wear with a blouse underneath. Preferably a long sleeved blouse as I don't have a Lolita Suitable coat yet (reasons being price and my uncontrolable body temperature).

After looking at all of the JSKs on offer (I particularly liked the "Soft Cream" and "Squirrel's Party" prints) I decided on a "Carousel" type print in Lavender. It reminded me a bit of Angelic Pretty's "Sugary Carnival" but was different enough not to look like a cheap imitation. And... it has lots of stars! The colours are gorgeous and there are enough shades of white, blue, purple and pink (with yellow stars and shirring on the back) to make matching it with other items fairly simple.



I just love the carousel horses! They're so pretty!



It also comes with a cute detachable bow. The lace and ribbon quality are also pretty good.



Headwear wise, I got a headbow with the carousel in Emblu (Emerald Blue? I don't know) as they didn't have it in purple but it matched the dress well enough because of the subtle blend of colours in the print.


The lace is lovely and thick, yet delicate <3


I have white, pink and black OTK socks - so I got a pair in saxon blue! A steal at £4 and I love the ribbon and lace embelishments - simple but cute.




Another observation I have about Bodyline's items is that they are packaged beautifully - each in their own little plastic bag and folded nicely.
The main reason of my order now - white boots with roses. I fell in love with them seeing them online and I decided that as my next cosplay will be Esther Blanchett (Trinity Blood) and I am lacking her white boots (they will also be useful for my Seth cosplay) now would be the perfect time to get them for Christmas! They even split my order into two packages so I wouldn't have to pay a hefty customs charge as the boots are quite heavy. How considerate :D


They are even better in real life! The roses are detachable so if I just wanted plain white, that's possible too!
I have wanted to cosplay Haruhi Suzumiya (as well as record some dances in her uniform for my YouTube channel) and Bodyline do cosplay outfits which are well made and good value.


I was very pleased with how it looked on me, however I think I'll use the yellow headband that someone gave me from TokyoToys (right in picture) instead of the one provided. Mainly as the ribbons on the BL one are very long and the yellow too pale for my skintone.



Lastly is an adorable Sailor Fuku in green (which I thought would match my hair and complextion as well as being my favourite colour :D). It's comfortable and lovely to dance in and I may wear it in some videos. I mainly got it as A) it's super cute and I love the pleats - it's the right size and length and B) my friends and I have formed a mini dance group called Cinnamon Purrin, and whilst we have maid dresses and our LDN48 tartan skirts to match each other, having a different coloured Sailor Fuku each (Jess wants dark pink, Liz light blue) we thought would be pretty cool. The stiching is great as always and I am very happy with it.


I hope you enjoyed my little review on my Bodyline products. :D <3

I almsot forgot! Scarlett (Kawaii Star Of The Year 2011) has started her Blog; http://hjkawaiistar.tumblr.com/ - so be sure to have a look!

Finny out <3

No comments:

Post a Comment